The sound of humanity scraping the bottom……..
It’s the worst Florida Man story of all time: A 32-year-old Miami-Dade County man has been arrested and charged with trafficking for allegedly imprisoning his pregnant girlfriend and selling her to pregnancy fetishists on Craigslist.
The Miami Herald reports that Justin Robert Muoio forced his 23-year-old girlfriend to advertise herself as a sex worker for “fetish clientele” and demanded that she have sex with them for two months while she was pregnant in 2013.
Prior to that, the woman alleges that since 2009, Muoio had “physically forced her” to work as a sex worker for an agency called VIP Escort Services, where “she would average 8 to 10 dates a day,” six days a week, according to court documents. –dailydot.com
- Assuming there’s nothing like “Pervertico,” from the standpoint of marketing wouldn’t “Monster.com” be a better fit than “Craigslist?” Why or why not?
- Discuss this incident from the standpoint of the difficulties confronted by women living in red states when it comes to access to abortion services. Specifically, address moral issues associated with aborting the boyfriend and her “customers.”
- A common reaction to stories that seem both unthinkably horrible and uniquely Florida-centric is, “Well, at least the winters are milder here.” Is this line of defense applicable and appropriate in the instant case? Why or why not?
- The most popular reaction on social media thus far has been #HoaxSheWasOnlyALittleBitPregnant. React with an original hash tag of your own, and defend your creation. E.g., #thatsevensicker.
- You’re a political advisor to aspiring Presidential candidates Jeb! Bush or Marcolito Rubio, both with south Florida strongholds. How do you work this incident into a campaign issue that lays blame on (e.g.) Obama, Benghazi, plummeting oil futures, etc.
The opening line of the story characterizes this as “worst Florida Man story of all time. Without agreeing or disagreeing, how long do you think it will be before something worse comes along? Suggestion: answer quickly.